Among all the Antivirus or Anti malware software products available, Avast Antivirus is probably one of the oldest and most reliable. However, if you have been using Avast Antivirus and now would like to switch to something else, you will first be prompted to completely uninstall your existing Avast Antivirus before installing another antivirus. Here are the steps by which you can easily uninstall Avast Antivirus on Mac and Windows computers. However, uninstalling this security solution from Mac is comparatively easier compared to Windows computers.
Uninstall Avast Antivirus From Windows Computer:
- You can start by downloading the “Avast Antivirus Remove and Uninstall Tool” in case if you have not downloaded it yet
- Now open the “Downloads” window on your computer
- Next, you need to Double click on the “Avast Antivirus Remove and Uninstall Tool” icon to open it
- Now check the box next to “I Agree” at the bottom of the “License Agreement” and click on “Submit”
- Next, click on the “Advanced options” tab
- Now click on the “Remove Only” option and then click again on the “Remove” option that follows
- After the above step, now you can restart your computer to complete the process of “Uninstalling” Avast Antivirus from your computer.
Uninstall Avast Antivirus From Mac Computer:
- Firstly, close the Avast Antivirus program in case if it’s open and running
- Next, open the Applications Folder by opening a new window in the Finder or just click on the hard disk icon to do so
- Now drag the Avast Antivirus software icon to “Uninstall to Thrash”
- Next, go ahead and empty your thrash to complete the uninstall process
You can also, follow the steps below depending on the version of your Mac computer. When completing the uninstall process, be sure to empty your “Recycle Bin” or “Thrash” folder.
- Click on the” Avast” icon on the Menu bar of your Mac PC
- Now click on “Open Avast”
- Next in the Avast menu click on “Avast”
- Now click on “Uninstall Avast Security”
- Click on “Uninstall” in the Window that appears next to complete the process
Have you removed the security solution from your computer? Not yet? No problem! Talk to security experts and take advantage of the necessary assistance. These professionals are ready to help distressed users all the time. Just dial the official helpline number and share that you want to uninstall Avast Antivirus. They (Customer Support) will help you in every way possible.
If you want to re-install the antivirus then here is the method. Click on: Install Avast Antivirus